New Business Ventures
Whether your business is a fresh start-up or a developing SME looking to scale growth, S C Mohan PAC offers a comprehensive support platform.
We effectively manage the administrative and statutory compliance responsibilities for your organisation by providing an integrated and tailored corporate services solution. Some of our New Business Ventures Services:
- Company incorporation / business registration
- Corporate secretarial
- Accounting & bookkeeping
- Tax and GST compliance
- Ad-hoc advisory
- Business Connections Concierge
We’re here to help you build and grow your business through our solutions, people and networks.
To find out exactly how we can assist you, kindly submit the enquiry form or drop us an email.
What are the general requirements for company set up in Singapore?
- 100% shares can be held by foreign or local corporation or individual shareholder
- Minimum initial paid-up share capital is $1.00
- Minimum 1 shareholder, 1 director and 1 company secretary
- Sole shareholder can also act as sole director
- Sole director cannot act as company secretary
- Company secretary must be Singapore Resident (we can be the named company secretary, if required)
- At least one director must be a resident of Singapore (i.e. Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident, Employment Pass / Entrepass / Dependant Pass holder)
- Directors must be a natural person of “full age” and capacity (must be 18 years old and above)
- Directors cannot be an undischarged bankrupt or convicted of any offence involving fraud or dishonesty whether in Singapore or elsewhere.
What basic information is required for company set up in Singapore?
- Proposed name of company
- Principle activities for the proposed company (maximum 2 types of activities)
- Number of shares to be issued to each shareholders
- Photocopy or scanned copy of Passport and/or Identity Card of all shareholders and directors (if Shareholder is a company, please provide the Company Incorporation certificate or official company profile and a company resolution or Power of Attorney to appoint a representative for signing of the company incorporation documents)
- Proof of address of all directors and shareholders (i.e. latest utility bill or phone bill or credit card bill)
- Registered office address
- For Documents signed outside of Singapore, Notary Public witnessing is required
- Documents in other languages must be translated to English by certified translator
How long does it take to incorporate a company in Singapore?
The time frame for incorporation (with local director/ shareholder) is usually around 3 working days (1 day for name reservation and 2 days for incorporation, subject to all requested information made available to AM Corporate Services beforehand and receipt of payment on our invoice). However, if the documents have to be sent overseas for execution by the directors / subscribers, the time taken will depend on when these documents can be returned to us for submission to ACRA. Please note that with effect from 13 January 2003 the ACRA does not issue hardcopy of Form 9 (Certificate of Incorporation). Only an E-Notice confirming incorporation will be transmitted to the applicant’s email address. If you require a hardcopy of certificate of confirmation of incorporation from ACRA, this can be purchased from ACRA at S$50.00.
Are there any special conditions for a single director and shareholder company?
None. Director and shareholder can be the same person. The only restriction is that you have to appoint a qualified company secretary.
Can I convert my sole-proprietorship to a one-director company?
Yes, the owner of the sole proprietorship business can be the sole director and the shareholder of the company. You will need to appoint a qualified company secretary.